Quit my "job" over this

ETS:
I don’t know how you’re allowed to drive if you can’t read

My last break had been at 21:30, what about my [zb] WTD hours? How the [zb] is a driver on a single local run 20 [zb] miles from the yard on more hours than one coming from a 300 mile round-trip who happens to be an agency driver who conveniently is paid a flat rate with no OT

I never said he was on more hours, I said he also has hours to comply with. It could be that he’s knocking on the limit of the 48hr average week for WTD so can only do 8hr shifts. I’ve had it where because of WTD I’ve only had 5hrs left out of 60hrs for the week to work on a 6th day so came in and did shunting because if I’d gone out on a delivery and anything happened then chances are I’d have exceeded the 60hr weekly limit.

Having my time wasted on my shift is one thing, on someone else’s…say tomorrow the janitor doesn’t show up, would I mind mopping up the floor? Time is time, you get paid, right. What about a ■■■■■■■, no one has to know. Or sit by this abandoned vehicle of ours like a [zb] dog on a leash, you still get paid, rite :grimacing:

Yes, you get paid. As long as you’re in your legal hours and what they’re asking you to do is not illegal there is absolutely no reason why you cannot do it. The fact it takes you over your planned finish or is after the start time of another shift is neither here nor there. I’m on a late trunk tomorrow night. Should I be complaining because I’ll be finishing 3-4hrs after the day drivers have left or 2hrs after the factory day shift has started? If there’s a problem with the earlier trunk so my changeover is late and my planned 10hr 39min shift takes 12/13/14hrs should I complain about that as well and throw my dummy out and quit the job?

Lorry driving clearly isn’t for you. Given your whining about finishing at 04:30 after a 16:00 start it sounds like you’re in the wrong job. You only did 12.5hrs, the average shift in truck driving excluding breaks is 11hrs, it isn’t even a reduced daily rest until you’ve done over 13hrs and many drivers will have worked longer than you. I don’t think there’s anyone else on this board who would think of it as being anything other than one of those things that happens and is part of the job.