Tramping... what to expect

What drugs are some of these people on? Maoster and Robroy have always got the right answers!

A tool kit? Any problems with the motor and it’s ring it in to your office, let them make the decision on what to do, how to fix it is not your problem!

Truck stop to fill a flask? Ask for the kettle at drops/collections. Providing you’re not a knob customer’s will oblige, even be brazen enough to ask if they have got a shower you can use.

Get on SNAP! No, that creates problems for yourself.
So you are around Rhyl at teatime and can not do the next drop in Bangor until tomorrow morning, what now? Head back towards Chester area for the SNAP parking there (is there any?) or head over towards Bangor or even head to the Roadking at Holyhead? My choice would be find the leisure in Rhyl or nip into Llandudno for a quick shower (another piece of vital kit, swimming shorts) and then to Caernarvon lorry and coach park. Chinese over the road via Morrisons car park. Not wasted a load of time and diesel running back to Chester or Holyhead, more or less on the doorstep for Bangor in the morning for a brew and a wash before they start and another brew as you’re leaving. That’s just an example of what I would do, any other suggestions?

Earplugs for noisy lay-bys? That’s a big NO WAY. Getting rocked about all night be passing traffic waiting for nine hours to be up to drop straight back into the driving seat and off…

As for a TV, fine but do really want to be tuning a telly just to watch it for an hour.

I’ve never met Robroy or Maoster but I agree with both. Use the lorry parks in town centres like Darlington, Upton upon Severn, Gosport, Kirkcaldy and get out of the cab for a walk and go for a pint and talk to strangers.
As Grumpy Dad says, yes you will build up loads of stuff you think you need and will get rid of stuff you never use.