Electric window

The nearside electric window has decided to play silly bees , i have marked it as a defect twice. The manager is relucant to do anything about it as we are busy . Question is , is it a legal requirement ■■ As in if lights are fitted they must work . Its a bloody niusance having to get out in the rain to clear the glass so i can maintain a view of my nearside mirror . Cheers .

may be worth buying some Rain X for that mirror /window in the meantime

I’ve toyed with the idea of rain X’ing the mirrors but never heard anybody mention it so presumed there must be a reason for not doing so. I used to use it in the old days when wipers weren’t all that and it’s really good stuff.
Anybody got reasons for not using it on mirrors?

I use it on all my exterior glass, including the plastic headlights, it does exactly what it says on the tin.

No. Not tested at MOT nor is mirror heating. You’d have been lucky to find the handle still in place in the past since it would have been pinched for the driver’s side. The only criteria for a side window MOT failure would be:

“So insecure that it is likely to fall out or damaged to the extent that it presents a danger to occupants or to other road users” or " With damage or obstruction, which impairs the driver’s view of a mandatory mirror".

Thats the reply i was looking for, cheers. The rainex is a useful suggestion too . Thanks again

syramax:
The nearside electric window has decided to play silly bees , i have marked it as a defect twice. The manager is relucant to do anything about it as we are busy . Question is , is it a legal requirement ■■

Nope. Not a legal requirement for it to work. Only time I ever open mine is to shout at someone or clear the steaming up off it.

Conor:

syramax:
The nearside electric window has decided to play silly bees , i have marked it as a defect twice. The manager is relucant to do anything about it as we are busy . Question is , is it a legal requirement ■■

Nope. Not a legal requirement for it to work. Only time I ever open mine is to shout at someone or clear the steaming up off it.

I’d have thought being the professional that you are you’d not shout at anyone and would converse in a more polite manner?

Just tell the boss the window stuck in the open position…and someone jumped in and nicked the fuel card off the dash…i guarantee it will be in the workshop straight away.

go through the truckwash with it open…‘‘it wouldnt close boss’’’ :smiley:

shullbit:

And expect your P45 in with the following week’s wages as you’ve just demonstrated you aren’t fit to be in a job.

Conor:

shullbit:

And expect your P45 in with the following week’s wages as you’ve just demonstrated you aren’t fit to be in a job.

Just like the guy shouting obscenities out of the passenger window no doubt :question: :bulb: