Lorries with 13-speed Fuller Roadranger 'boxes

Carryfast:

ERF-NGC-European:
As myself and nmm were alluding to I’d guess that engine characteristics play a large part in forcing whatever driving style by default.As for negotiating awkward mountain roads it generally doesn’t get much more demanding than Italy ( or Sardinia :wink: ).On that note I’d also guess that instinctively grabbing gears up or down anywhere at any time from nothing is an asset not a liability and again probably something they do by necessity not just for fun.

While I’m not sure how you’d view this style ?.But it’s more or less how I ‘usually’ drove the old Clydesdale,loaded to within an inch of its life with a Drott or Muir Hill or bulk refuse,everywhere from the Surrey Hills to Reigate or Epsom town centre.The key point then being that in neither case was it a Fiat or Detroit motor bolted on the front of the Fuller or Turner box. :bulb: :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=8hKKzOHRTPY

Well, I’ve driven in both Sardinia and Corsica, CF, and I agree that they are demanding. Probably like you, I drove modern hire cars in those islands, but I still used exactly the same technique I described earlier for getting my passengers safely and comfortably to their destinations.