Tramping... what to expect

danbabirecki:
I’m a fairly new Class 2 driver and have a couple of months under my belt. Some agency work and some direct dray work so far. All going well enough to date. Been offered a tramping job, nationwide with Ireland too at times. Job sounds fine as does the patch but naturally I’ve never been a tramper before. At this stage I’ve got a vague understanding of what to expect but can anyone with experience help further? I’ve no idea where I’m heading next week yet so I’m not after geographical specifics but if I know what prep/shopping I need to do at the weekend that’d be a great help. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On top of what Maoster says…
As for wk.end shopping… Assuming you’ve got a fridge,.take about 5 pts of milk with you, some cereal, coffee etc.
Try and get a little gas stove, or a 24v oven, or better still a microwave and large inverter, and take some ready cooked meals with you…oh yeh and a kettle.

As Maoster says, it’s better to eat out when you can, but if you have food and facilities on stand by for those nights where you have to settle for a bad parking place, well at least your prepared.

Baby wipes are always handy btw.
Full washing kit and towel.
Once you get into it you’ll realise what else you need.
Good luck with it bud, don’t turn it into a work/sleep endurance test, and you’ll enjoy it. :bulb: