Banned from farm

well as an animal lover and a protector of wildlife, I delivered to a farm today, after stepping out of my cab I noticed a sheep that looked lame and in my opinion was looking depressed. I went over to the field to take a closer look, whilst looking at it a car was blowing its horn and the driver making hand gestures at me. I went over and it was the farm owner, he asked what was I looking at and I told him, anyway he said never you mind that just get your load tipped you are not here as a vet. I told him I was concerned for the animals welfare and wanted a look at it. He said either tip or get off my farm. I asked him if he was going to get a vet out. He told me to f off, I did of course ring the rspca who said they would send someone out. When I got back to yard I was told I was banned from delivering to the farm again. I think I did the right thing, I was concerned but I wonder how many others would have helped that poor sheep or just ignored it?

The sheep looked depressed?

The farmer possibly thought you were off your nut mate!

if she was good looking id have had her back in the cab with me.

UKtramp:
well as an animal lover and a protector of wildlife, I delivered to a farm today, after stepping out of my cab I noticed a sheep that looked lame and in my opinion was looking depressed. I went over to the field to take a closer look, whilst looking at it a car was blowing its horn and the driver making hand gestures at me. I went over and it was the farm owner, he asked what was I looking at and I told him, anyway he said never you mind that just get your load tipped you are not here as a vet. I told him I was concerned for the animals welfare and wanted a look at it. He said either tip or get off my farm. I asked him if he was going to get a vet out. He told me to f off, I did of course ring the rspca who said they would send someone out. When I got back to yard I was told I was banned from delivering to the farm again. I think I did the right thing, I was concerned but I wonder how many others would have helped that poor sheep or just ignored it?

Facebook-f7634a.png

it might have been more informative to the farmer if you offered to read this out to him and also bore him crapless instead of the rest of us for a change.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14997276

Maybe it was a LGBT sheep.

They are having a hard time of it just now. An off day maybe?

Here we go again. How many months of this crap daily are we going to be subjected to this time?

I delivered to a stables once and saw a horse that looked sad so I asked it
“Why the long face?”

The-Snowman:
I delivered to a stables once and saw a horse that looked sad so I asked it
“Why the long face?”

Nah he was fine, i saw him later and asked him outright “are you sad or upset?” To which he replied “naaay”

I’ll get my coat…

Super trucker, super fridge engineer and now sheep whisperer/animal psychologist! Wonders never cease with you mate, a man of stupendous talent and intellect. I must say I was expecting it to take longer than a couple of days before your posts started getting out of hand but I suppose your just going balls deep straight off the bat. Most likely much like you did with said sheep! Its not the farmer or the sheep that needs looking at its you!

None of this happened

It wasn’t depressed til you started talking to it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ewe need some help mate.

So the farmer baa’d you?

switchlogic:
Here we go again. How many months of this crap daily are we going to be subjected to this time?

+1…

Maybe the farmer didn’t like you hitting on his girlfriend.
She maybe ‘‘looked depressed’’ as you say, because he had maybe been putting it about in another field. :smiley:
You shouldn’t get involved in countryside domestics mate. :bulb:

Maybe he’d gone off her as she was a bit FRIDGEid :laughing:
Thank you very much. :sunglasses:

Does anyone know what this cow trying to tell me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

yourhavingalarf:

switchlogic:

+1…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• no doubt most of us.
    isnt premod/ban a great thing sometimes?
    possibly the farmer took umbrage when asked." can i make a ewe turn down here mate?"
    though id imagine when asked “are you shearing that sheep”■■ the reply might have been…no,bugger off and find one of your own.
    the sad thing is once again that this incident never happened so its all irrelevant. :unamused:

UKtramp:

It’s worth noting that in such cases you may be entitled to whistleblower protection. Customers may be liable directly if, as a form of retaliation against the raising of legitimate concerns, they victimise individual workers (including contractors)

If this is true the guy sounds like a right prick. Yeah you could say the welfare of his animals are none of your business but sounds like an uncalled for response to someone who is just concerned for an animal. Do you get a lot of farmers with attitudes like that or are they normally reasonable to deal with?