As debated in the EU Parliment

Grumpy Dad:
Come November will the U.K. be able to continue cabotage across Europe?
Guess like everything else we’ll have to wait and see then chunter when it’s brought in :wink:

How many UK hauliers actually do cabotage work these days?

Although I’m not worried I’m sure Boris has a plan to teach those European Johnnies a lesson, even though he’s legendary for hating to get involved with detail, I think he plans to zip wire into the council of ministers wielding a sword given to him by the The minister for the 18th century Mr Rees Mogg.

It’s just a shame that the EU has only just started looking at way to level the paying field, after years of pushing for cabotage to be removed completely and allow a free for all, in the name of free trade and we know what that would have meant large Western European logistics companies setting up bases in whichever country offers the cheapest labour and dumping those drivers in Westetn Europe for months on end on wages where they become 2nd class workers, not able to buy local goods and services and where local haulage companies employing Western European drivers cannot compete.

This move would no doubt be fully back by any UK goverment of the last 35 years, Cabotage regulations were supposed to be removed a few years ago but was stopped after pressure from certain countries, France and the Netherlands amount others and after lobbying from trades unions and trade bodies, the UK were not amoung those countries, Brexit or not these people will sell us out for the benefit of multi-nationals and the financial services industry.