June 6th ..... UPDATE

Just found this on the Brittany Ferries web site, to clarify what will be happening on Weds 5th and Thurs 6th this week:-

Hope it clears things up for those that weren’t copletely sure before, having heard varying comments from some drivers, both French and English.

PORTSMOUTH TO CAEN / CAEN TO PORTSMOUTH

05/06/19 Portsmouth to Caen 2200 - A travel restriction will be in place in the Calvados department for D-Day on 06/06/19. A two hour grace period to the restriction has been assured to allow those arriving in Ouistreham in the morning to exit the department after the ship’s arrival in port. If you are disembarking the ship on this morning and are stopped by any local authority, please show your boarding card. This will allow you to continue on your journey out of the department. not sure this will include goods vehicles as they shouldn’t be on the roads anyway

06/06/19 Portsmouth to Caen 08:15 - Due to the closure of the port of Ouistreham on D-Day, this sailing will be diverted to CHERBOURG. Arrival will be at 14:30, local time. Please be aware, if heading east, that a travel restriction will be in place in the Calvados department from between 06:00 and 23:00 for D-Day celebrations. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

06/06/19 Caen to Portsmouth 08:30 - A travel restriction is to be put in place in the Calvados department for D-Day, if you are travelling on this sailing, you will need to arrive at the port no later than 06:00.

06/06/19 Caen to Portsmouth 16:30 - Due to the closure of the port of Ouistreham on D-Day, this sailing will now depart from CHERBOURG. Arrival will be at 21:15, local time. Please be aware, if heading east, that a travel restriction will be in place in the Calvados department from between 06:00 and 23:00 for D-Day celebrations. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

06/06/19 Caen to Portsmouth 2300 - A travel restriction will be in place in the Calvados department for D-Day during the day. However, it is to be lifted at 20:00. If you are on this sailing, you should be able to enter the department after this time and make your way to the port for your scheduled departure from Ouistreham. Again I don’t think this will include goods vehicles as they won’t actually be circulating in the are

Don’t forget that from 05.00 to 23.00 on Thursday 6th, NO vehicles of 7.5t and over are allowed to use ANY roads in the department 14, Calvados

There will be a very large presence of Gendarmes on motorbikes policing the access roads from the Manche, Orne and Eure/Seine Maritime departments ( A84, N13, D524, D577, N158, A88 ect )
They WILL park you up and probably fine you if caught within the Calvados area

Sounds like a Calvados day off [emoji23][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
Sounds like a Calvados day off [emoji23][emoji12]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It certainly will be for my depot in Vire Wheel Nut (15 minutes from Orne and 20 minutes from Manche) :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
No deliveries or collection by our depot, or the 2 in Caen, no trunks by us to anywhere south or east from Vire, even though we’re right by the neighbouring departments !! Our transport office are going nuts trying to re-book jobs. The fact that we’re fridges, still not allowed to circulate inside the 14 ! :open_mouth:

Sadly won’t affect me though, well not till Thursday morning that is. Off to Blighty in the morning, Caen/Portsmouth. I am booked on the Wednesday night ferry back though arriving in Ouistreham on … guess what, Thursday morning :astonished: !! (what dim-wit in our export dept. booked that then? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley:
I’ll try and get out of the port, using the get out of port free “boarding” card, but not holding my breath. So guess what if I can’t get out , it “WILL” be a Calvados day off in the restaurant in the terminal :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

When you say no goods vehicles, are perishable and ATA allowed to run on the restricted dates and times ?

toby1234abc:
When you say no goods vehicles, are perishable and ATA allowed to run on the restricted dates and times ?

Can’t see any derogations.
Anyone?
Pierrot better get some sun-screen cream.

toby1234abc:

As Franglais says , no derogation . It’s a total ban for ALL goods vehicles 7.5t and above

pierrot 14:

toby1234abc:

As Franglais says , no derogation . It’s a total ban for ALL goods vehicles 7.5t and above

I certainly don’t know, and may be adding 2 plus 2 to make 5, but after Nice and London bridges, the bans could be security linked, more than traffic flow?