June 6th

Grumpy Dad:

Franglais:

Grumpy Dad:
The 50th anniversary I had the honour of marching alongside men who had landed on the beaches, it was possibly the most humble moment of my military career.

Guys there’s a bloke called Jim Radford and at the age of 15 he set sail on June 6 1944 to help build the mulberry’s, some years later he returned to see the beaches and could believe children were playing where men once lay dead and dying, now 90 he has released a song which describes his account, it’s to help raise funds for a monument in honour of the 22,500 British servicemen that died during the battles that took place.

You can download it from the Normandy Memorial Trust

normandymemorialtrust.org/

75th anniversary. Clearly, those who were 18 then (and survived) are now 93.
Thanks.
Enough said.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

This year is the 75th, but as it hasn’t passed yet I haven’t been, however I was at the 50th in 1994 ( which is what I said )
And no mention of anyone being 18, Jim Radford was 15, if you’re suggesting that to serve on operational duties and need to be 18 this didn’t come in until after WW2 and then it was for teeth arms ( that’s fighting troops ) and not naval support ( Jim was a galley boy and could serve at 15 )

In that case I stand corrected.
I always thought active service in war zones was 18yrs including WW2.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk