Favorite Routiers and other European Truckstops

stevejones:
called in here coming back from spain couple weeks ago many gd times in there as any drivers running spain will have called in clauds st genis oh for the ol days

Still a good spot though, last ate there a year or so ago, but the time before that I was on the run from the gendarmes. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Not really, but I had been tasked to ‘re-posess’ a dog that had been adopted but then reported to be maltreated. As they hadn’t paid the fee to the association concerned the ownership hadn’t been transferred so they wanted me to collect it.

When I got there the dog was in the garden but no-one answered the door, so I lifted him up and put him in the cage. Just as I was driving away someone came out of the house waving and talking on the phone, as I got to the corner a woman came rushing out of a shop and tried to stop me. I ignored her and left town. There was a gendarme road check on the outskirts, it had been there when I went in, I wasn’t stopped either time but, just in case they were about to be alerted I shot round the back of Claude’s and laid low for a bit. :laughing:

Of course, I, and the association were in the right, but I didn’t really want to get into a discussion over the matter. :unamused: