Wanna be a wagon driver but losing hope

Sorry to join this topic late.
Simcor is exactly right, so with the vision you quoted, you do meet the requirements for reading the Snellen chart.
The restriction about not having +8 dioptre lenses only applies to glasses and not to contact lenses. The reason is that with very strong lenses like this the light can bounce around inside the lens at the edges and give the impression of an illuminated ■■■■■ around the margins of the lens. This obviously restricts peripheral vision.
Sometimes if you take a lens off the front of an SLR camera and look through it you can see this effect with a white ring of light.
The restriction only applies to plus dioptre lenses, not minus. In other words only lenses which are thick in the middle and thin at the edges (like a magnifying glass). It doesn’t apply to minus dioptre lenses, which are thinner in the middle and thicker at the edges. You can see which sort you’ve got by holding the glasses near to some writing and seeing whether the writing goes smaller or bigger. Plus dioptre lenses make things bigger. Minus dioptre lenses make things smaller.
There are no restrictions at all for minus dioptre lenses.
The rules don’t apply to contact lenses. This is because when the lens is snug against your eyeball it doesn’t cause this ring of light.
So you can have contact lenses which are as strong as you need with no restriction.
I had a patient recently who needed +9 dioptre lenses but he wanted to have a combination of +5 dioptre contact lenses and +4 dioptre spectacles so that when he took his glasses off he had just the right focus to read close-up. I checked with DVLA and they told me that that would be absolutely fine. The only thing they care about is whether the spectacle themselves are +8 dioptres or more.