Got my first break

so passed my c+e a week ago today and did two assessments this week for two different companies. had a short 30 min one with one company and had one over two days with another. the one i did for two days which is a small family run business has offered me a job starting on tuesday so get to go sort it out monday ready for tuesday start.

get own truck rates are lower than others but its while on probation period then will match other drivers at that company afterwards. got an actros thats for me only aswell which is what i wanted so i was not cab hopping. would of prefered a nice volvo though lol but beggars cant be choosers as they say lol

karlos0891:
get own truck rates are lower than others but its while on probation period then will match other drivers at that company afterwards.

I’ll never understand this - why pay different ? No matter even if on probation!

Congrats on pass and getting a start so quick after.

Hope it all works out well for you, now as they say the real driving begins [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its £1 less than other drivers. i guess its because ill be on one drop per day unless short runs till im used to the routes/yards and the dock so covers that really i honestly dont mind as its getting my foot in and is giving me the experience needed so if i see a job i want i can go for it.

thanks and yeah reversing in a real yard compared to test is different and it will be good getting used to them did a tight yard today for unload so will see what others i get to do

Great to see another newbie getting a start. Well done and all the best with it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

thank you :slight_smile:

karlos0891:
so passed my c+e a week ago today and did two assessments this week for two different companies. had a short 30 min one with one company and had one over two days with another. the one i did for two days which is a small family run business has offered me a job starting on tuesday so get to go sort it out monday ready for tuesday start.

get own truck rates are lower than others but its while on probation period then will match other drivers at that company afterwards. got an actros thats for me only aswell which is what i wanted so i was not cab hopping. would of prefered a nice volvo though lol but beggars cant be choosers as they say lol

Actros cabs are mega comfy though to be fair bud, best of luck.

its ride is a bit bumpy but bed is comfy. enjoying the job so far :slight_smile: when on assessment was in a 510 with airbag for the cab where mine is a 450 with springs for the cab so ride is different and it does not like hills when loaded compared to the 510.

Well done on the new job!

Is it tramping?

mine is a 450 with springs for the cab so ride is different and it does not like hills when loaded compared to the 510.

I recall the excitement of being moved from an ERF 120 Gardner to a 150! And don’t get me started on suspension haha!!

Seriously, pleased OP is settling to new job.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: