How to operate tilt cab (Eurocargo 100e15)

Hi guys,

Trying to work out how to operate the tilt cab on an old Eurocargo 100e15 (1995). Attached a pic of what i assume is the gas pump which i need to turn to lift the cab? Is there anything else to it? Someone mentioned a jack bar?

So am i right in this is the process?

1. Make sure brake is on (does the engine need to be running at all to pressurise the pump?)
  2. Make sure the cut through that i have is unbolted?
  3. Assuming if i ever manage to source the tool I rotate that hexagon shape clockwise?
  4. Manually lift? Will it tilt forward automatically because of the pump?
  5. How do I lower it? Just pump anti-clockwise?
  6. Will wind deflectors etc cause an issue tilting?

I need to get ahold of one of these tools with that shape, tried a few breakers but no luck so far :frowning:

Thanks

Ryan

I’m not sure any “New and Wannabe drivers” are going to be able to help you with this one :blush:

YEP, you need a bar…but on most of what i have experienced have a similar system, but you have to put the bar into the hole, and twist it to allow jacking, and twist it the opposite way, to lower the cab back down…however, the one pictures seems to have a different kind of bar socket being a hexagonal rather that a screwdriver type…ie the head of the screw is in the socket, and the end of the bar has a screw type bar that fits that…if you get my drift.

Yes, rotate the female spline socket one way to tilt then back the other way to close putting a bar in the pump piece on the right and pumping.
You might find the bar and spline tool under the front bonnet cover if you lift it.

Keep your fingers crossed that when you pump and put the system under pressure that the metal pipes under the cab aren’t corroded and give way.

Also don’t work under it without the cab fully tilted forward it will fall the last bit forward under it’s own steam you should notice meaning it’s safe. Also keep your finger’s crossed it doesn’t pull the ram apart and the whole cab faceplants the yard.

Just use something like a bit of flat bar in some mole grips to twist the spline socket and then any old bar that fits to pump.

Make sure the linkage hasn’t worn out and fallen apart, iveco cabs are probably tilted over a few times a week :laughing:

there isn’t a special tool, there was a lock on the pump when new but it has been broken off probably because it has seized. The cab wont tilt with the grill closed.

Thanks all!

Shame there isn’t a section on this forum more appropriate for more general “tell me how this POS works” type questions :smiley:

So do I need to interact with this black box or not, especially if something has broken off? Open the bonnet and then what? How do i actually lift the cab? Is there a jack point somewhere? Whats the point of this pump etc etc.

Thanks!

Ryan

Ryan…

I assume this is your own lorry right?

If it isn’t, it’s your gaffers problem to fix.

yourhavingalarf:
Ryan…

I assume this is your own lorry right?

If it isn’t, it’s your gaffers problem to fix.

Sadly it is mate yeah…

big al st:
The cab wont tilt with the grill closed.

I think it will but you will need to buy a new grill afterwards because it gets crunched :laughing:

manski:

big al st:
The cab wont tilt with the grill closed.

I think it will but you will need to buy a new grill afterwards because it gets crunched :laughing:

Oddly the earlier ones had a cut out valve to make sure the grill was open and later models, or certainly the 18t chassis didn’t guess they were looking to save money possibly. Good job someone else mentioned it as I’d forgotten the grill.

rybrx7:
Thanks all!

Shame there isn’t a section on this forum more appropriate for more general “tell me how this POS works” type questions :smiley:

So do I need to interact with this black box or not, especially if something has broken off? Open the bonnet and then what? How do i actually lift the cab? Is there a jack point somewhere? Whats the point of this pump etc etc.

Thanks!

Ryan

Step one - Open grill - put your hands underneath and there might be spring catches on each far side to pull inwards to release I think on that age later models you just lift.

Step two - shove something suitably sized in that spline bit and rotate it fully I think anti-clockwise but it will only go any distance one way.

Step 3 - shove bar in the metal tube piece to the right and then pump up and down - it might take a bit of pumping to pressurise the system and release the cab latches before it actually starts to raise then keep pumping until it won’t tilt over any more.

Step 4 - to lower turn spline the other way and then pump away to close. It’s designed obviously tilt but keep a bit of an eye/ear out for anything getting trapped/crushed when closing.

Just to add, no the engine does not have to be on infact best not. The pump (next to the funny looking round thingy) does all the work manually. At least thats the way I’ve seen it done.

Do remember to clear anything lose from the cab or you’ll need a new windscreen.

Thinking outside the box here, and I know this is crazy talk, but have you thought about looking for the instruction book and reading it?

Own Account Driver:

rybrx7:
Thanks all!

Thanks!

Ryan

Step one - Open grill - put your hands underneath and there might be spring catches on each far side to pull inwards to release I think on that age later models you just lift.

Step two - shove something suitably sized in that spline bit and rotate it fully I think anti-clockwise but it will only go any distance one way.

Step 3 - shove bar in the metal tube piece to the right and then pump up and down - it might take a bit of pumping to pressurise the system and release the cab latches before it actually starts to raise then keep pumping until it won’t tilt over any more.

Step 4 - to lower turn spline the other way and then pump away to close. It’s designed obviously tilt but keep a bit of an eye/ear out for anything getting trapped/crushed when closing.

Perfect! Thanks for that, that’ll help a tonne :smiley:

WhiteTruckMan:
Thinking outside the box here, and I know this is crazy talk, but have you thought about looking for the instruction book and reading it?

Haha I did, even a pdf version online seems pretty much none-existent

Just a follow up to this post.

So I got the jack for the tilt cab, turned the key thing to the right and pumped away. Easy at first but then as the pump built pressure gradually harder, and then… nothing!

I was following this video https://youtu.be/GOy2bCK3D7Q and the cab lifts for him after just a few pumps, but for me I don’t hear any sound of locks disengaging and no movement. Checked for leaks and the fact I cab feel pressure build in the pump suggests to me there aren’t any. Is there something I’m missing? I don’t know if there is any safety mechanism or anything that would stop it lifting? I’m assuming its fully manual (battery is disconnected) so no sensors etc?

Thanks (again!)

lack of oil?

cav551:
lack of oil?

Hadn’t even thought to look if it was low, I assume the oil reservoir is part of the pump itself, or is that located away from the pump?

Thanks

Ryan

Just checked the oil reservoir in the tilt pump and it’s full to the brim, so mustn’t be that :confused:

Anyone got any other suggestions of where to look or things to try?

Thanks as always!

Ryan