Hazard Perception

mikec92:
Hi Guys.
A little bit of background:
Back in 2016 I sat all 3 of my theories and passed them first time with no issues.

I then did my driver training in November 2016. I had an a*hole of an instructor who knocked my confidence every day I was out there and long story short I failed my practical with 2 minors and 1 major (I went at a roundabout and had time to make it safely, however a car driver decided to accelerate up to me. The examiner even said “I know what he did but I have to fail you”)

As my confidence was knocked and I was very disheartened I decided not to rebook my test (big mistake I know!) However this year with some encouragement from my girlfriend I have decided to give it another go as I have never lost my passion or love for it and would love to get back out on the road instead of being a planner.

I had a trial drive and was recommended a 12 hour course as the instructor told me there’s nothing much to work on I could just benefit with a refresher having not driven CAT C for 2 and ½ years.

I took my multiple choice and hazard perception on Thursday last week; unfortunately I failed my HP by 1 point. I was disheartened but I thought “I won’t let that stop me and rebooked it for today”. I had seen videos online which suggested the “two click technique” as I have been noticing the hazards too early. I took the test again today and again failed by 1 point. However this time I had 3 videos I scored 0 on but got 5 on 5, 6 on 4, 3 on 3 & 6 for the double hazard. Is it possible I seeing them early still as the hazards are so obvious on the CGI clips i cannot be missing them?

I have booked a 3rd test for this coming Saturday however I am now more stressed then ever as I am working on a time frame as I can only do my training on the 1st week of July.
Just looking for some reassurance as this is starting to get me down a bit. The most annoying thing is that I’ve done it before and passed.

Has anyone got any tips on where I may be going wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Your not alone, I’ve just failed my HP. I got a big fat 0 on 5 clips!!! Impossible, as I know I clicked the hazards. On my practice tests i was getting scores in the high 80s low 90s.

A very flawed test I think.

Is clicking too early possible?

Anyway, rebooked for the 28th next week. I’ll bloody pass it this time!