So the A14 is closed Rugby to A508

the maoster:
The picture that Chrisenglish posted is quite horrific in its hard hitting simplicity. I don’t know what the tipper driving was doing immediately prior to the crossover so I couldn’t comment. I do know with almost total certainty that the Howdens driver will have been doing absolutely everything by the book and driving properly when suddenly BANG he’s not going home again. There but for the grace of God etc…
The
Rip both drivers.

I know that the Howdens driver was jogging along nice and steady between thraspton and Kettering, because I moved over at thraspton to allow him room to join the 14, he passed me down the hill towards the Corby exit, and put his hand up to me in thanks as he did so I acknowledged him back as proper driver’s do. Then I was following him at a steady 54 mph not gaining on him or he pulling away from me. I stopped at BP Kettering for deisel, took about 10 or 15 minutes. Got going again to arrive at short queue of traffic, then to be confronted by that scene of total devastation. Several people obviously those present at the moment of the accident were moving around the scene so I kept going.
I don’t often get phased by seeing the aftermath of accidents, as driver’s we see so many, but I I’ll admit this one has played on mind a bit this week, I rang my Mrs once I’d passed the scene.

RIP to the driver’s, a total tragedy.

My thoughts go to the family and friends of both guys.