Adding PSV when you've already got HGV

When I filled out my form for Hgv About 7 years ago I also ticked the box for PSV. Was advised to this so it’s there in case I ever want to do it. My licence online shows that I do still have provisional entitlement for category D. So if I wanted to do it I assume for as long as that’s valid I would skip the medical and licence application. You do need to go through everything else though. Theory, hazard perception, practical, then if you intend to drive professionally if you have full cpc for hgv they don’t count for the first time you drive PSVs, so you also need your cpc case studies and cpc module 4 practical. Once the initial cpc is done then any future cpc hours count towards both. Ie you could do your next 35 hours all on load security with no relevance to buses and coaches or you could do all 35 hours on passenger comfort and customer service and you’d still have a valid cpc card that shows C, C+E, and D on it. Another way it shows how flawed the cpc system is but hey, let’s not start another debate on that on this thread.