ADR in Norway

noisycarl:

Jameshub:
I have been driving truck and trailer multi drop in Norway for the last 3 years and i’m now looking for a new challenge. I was thinking of doing my ADR and then look for a job driving tankers.

Anything in Norway know the salary for a tanker driver in Norway?

Also, any advice on which ADR modules would be best to have?

Thanks

Are you currently driving for a Norwegian company? If you are that should give you a basic idea of how much as a minimum you would be likely to earn.
The current average wage is about 45000NOK, thats just shy of £4000 per month, it sounds like a lot, but Norway is very expensive at times. It would be fair to assume that driving a truck carrying chemicals would attract more than that, the last Norwegian driver I spoke to was making about 60000NOK per month before tax, which is around 45%, then you have 8.2% national insurance, so basically half your earnings. If you’re doing your ADR the usual full package is 2,3,4,5,6,8+9 thats everything apart from explosives and radioactives, if you’re doing an ADR course you may as well get tanks and packages, you never know when you may need one or the other.

Hi,

Yes i’m driving truck and henger for TINE AS, which is good but i’m wanting to move away from 35 customer drops every day! - I’ve worked in an number of locations - Oslo, Gol, Kristiansand etc and always had good reviews from bosses and customers, but now i want to try something else.

Also, i have a year before i have to do my CPC 35 hours and i’ve been told that if i do the ADR course this counts 28 hours towards the CPC… so double bonus!!

Thanks for your advice