Working hours and driving

tachograph:

Dano:
I am new to driving and need a bit of clarification.
I work 2 jobs,the first is a Monday to Friday 8:00am-4:30pm wit 2 15 minute breaks(paid) and a half hour lunch(not paid) . The second job is 6:30am-6-30pm with 3 30 minute breaks which are all paid for.I don’t work Sundays. None of these hours are usually done driving but on occasions(so far once this year) I have had to drive our 7.5 tonne lorry during my Mon-Fri job. I only clocked up about 4 hours of driving on that day and the rest was breaks/other work. I keep a diary of all my hours but wanted to check if I was working to much/doing things right.
Thanks for any input you can give me

In any week that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you must comply with the weekly rest requirements and on any day that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you must comply with the daily rest requirements.

In other words if you work for a day or part of a day in any week you must have a weekly rest period in that week, if you’re not driving the week before or the week after a reduced weekly rest period of 24 hours will do.

In any week that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you should keep records on none driving work days in that week, preferably keep records of none working days to the day after your weekly rest period.
Legally these records are supposed to be kept on tachograph charts or printouts but it seems the DVSA will accept records kept in a notebook or diary.

So yes, from what you’ve posted I’d say you’re ding things right.

Is it possible that the OP could be on Domestic regs rather than EU regs?
It doesn’t seem clear what the nature of the truck driving is. Could be just transporting own gear/tools between nearby work sites? The driving appears incidental to main job, and 4 hrs could be within the 100km limit?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk