Doing away with security guards

Had another episode today with a security guard who wouldn’t let me in because “computer said no”, when I could have easily been able to get sorted if I could have spoken to somebody in the office. 90 minutes wasted waiting for call backs etc.

Do we really need these plastic cops asking you for your life details for a form that ultimately get binned? They are timewasters. Tesco haven’t had security on their gates for as long as I remember, direct line to the goods in office & i’ve never heard of any problems. Another place I frequent just binned off their gatehouse for an intercom, again nobody has felt the loss of the security guard.

That’s my rant for the day.

And breathe [emoji23][emoji23]
Don’t go to Coalville Amazon then , loads of the muggers [emoji49]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

Amazons are hilarious for security guards. Quite common to be greeted by two people at the gatehouse… one person from Amazon actually booking you in and then the security bloke sat at the back asking you for your reg for his form. The security guards whole job could literally be made redundant if the Amazon bod just filled in the form.

Amazon Bolton have a security guard based in the drivers waiting room. I can only guess he is guarding against the vending machine being rocked for 60p bags of crisps.

I guess these are the fabulous new jobs in the economy the government keep talking about.

rob22888:

blue estate:

Amazons are hilarious for security guards. Quite common to be greeted by two people at the gatehouse… one person from Amazon actually booking you in and then the security bloke sat at the back asking you for your reg for his form. The security guards whole job could literally be made redundant if the Amazon bod just filled in the form.

Amazon Bolton have a security guard based in the drivers waiting room. I can only guess he is guarding against the vending machine being rocked for 60p bags of crisps.

I guess these are the fabulous new jobs in the economy the government keep talking about.

Have you seen any brits on amazon gates ?

You get the odd one.

In my experience you get a smoother transaction with the foreigners, it’s the brits who seem to get a heightened sense of self importance once equipped with a zip up high vis & a walkie talkie.

Do away with em? :open_mouth:
What would these guys do with out their daily power trip for minimum wage, the type who are dominated at home by their wives.
How would we know that we all had to fasten up our hi vizs to the top, to prevent us crippling ourselves, and all that sort of important vital information? :open_mouth:

im always amused every time i put my boarding pass into the scanner at the airports with some herbert on standby to ensure the scanner reads it…surely this dude is on borrowed time as soon as human beings can cope with holding a piece of papper with a bar code on it for the scanner to read…

At my old RDC we called the gate the guard shack but someone didn’t like that so were told to say gate house. And told not to call them guards but ‘asset protection’ thank you very much. :sunglasses:

I never saw…

The point of them. Ultimately if I’m refused entry for what ever reason and I can’t go on site, they have to raise the barrier for me to go round and come out again so that defeats the whole idea.

Having said that, Aldi at Neston used to be drive in and out but last year a shiny new gatehouse appeared with barriers and the usual pointless form filling. I asked why the change to be told that a bunch of ‘caravan dwellers’ had invaded the site some time previously and taken everything that wasn’t bolted down and then, used angle grinders to take all the stuff that was bolted down.

possibly rdc bullsmuck but plausible

I’ve found on this tanker work most places seem to have done away with them. I much prefer using a machine to weigh myself in and out, had enough bolshy security guards to last a lifetime

Would that be the Security Guard with the chip on his shoulder, bullied as a child, military wannabe and total fantasist, bloater, blagger, complete and utter cockwomble.
Other than plodding around a perimeter fence every few hours to justify their job title, I’ve never really understood their purpose.
The ones that grip my ■■■■ are those that take the role to far when it comes to vehicle searches, your only allowed as far as the booking in desk, then you have to remain in a stinking room while being tipped or loaded, and on the way out you get searched, they haven’t a clue what you came in with but ask you to open every cupboard, just in case you’ve snuck away a pallet of whatever from the bay.

Only employed as they are cheaper than Padlocks.