So the A14 is closed Rugby to A508

ChrisEnglish90:

the maoster:
The picture that Chrisenglish posted is quite horrific in its hard hitting simplicity. I don’t know what the tipper driving was doing immediately prior to the crossover so I couldn’t comment. I do know with almost total certainty that the Howdens driver will have been doing absolutely everything by the book and driving properly when suddenly BANG he’s not going home again. There but for the grace of God etc…

Rip both drivers.

Quite agree, shocking to think the howdens could of been any one of us… I regularly use the a14 as probably lots here do. But I’ve also been in the position where I’ve been so tired. Fortunately I’ve been able to pull over and wake myself up! But if the tipper has a medical issue then I feel so sorry for the both. It looks as if the white tipper drove over the top of the barrier just flattening it! Looks like the howdens driver slammed his brakes hard and tried to move out of the way! Just a shame neither got to see their family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is part of the reason why despite the years it takes I’m happy to see concrete central reservations being installed up and down motorways to reduce chances of this happening.