form SUR1

Anybody got a copy of the o’licence surrender form? Can’t find one to download don’t seem to be able to do it on-line, spoken to DVSA they say has to be the form, they gave me a link to the form which take me to the sign in area of the Operator Self service area, contracted them again explaining that, they sent the same link.

Try this :-

transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/repo … 20(GV%2080.pdf

that should of been a link to the pdf

Click on that link I sent, takes you to the gov site, scroll down to transport and driving businesses, next page scroll to manage your operator licence, you can alter your circumstances there.
Hope it helps

Grumpy Dad:
Click on that link I sent, takes you to the gov site, scroll down to transport and driving businesses, next page scroll to manage your operator licence, you can alter your circumstances there.
Hope it helps

I thought it could be done in the Self Service area, I even thought I’d done there before, only to find there is still an O’licence, so called DVSA, where they told me it had to be form SUR1, but every link I find to the form sends me back to O’licence self service login, where I can’t find anywhere to surrender the O’licence, and DVSA just send links that send me back there, googled surrender o’licence, SUR1 and anything else I can think of but cannot find the form.

Cheers Grumpy Dad, managed to do it online, I think when I tried it before, I didn’t see the bit with print and sign and send off, but DVSA weren’t much help telling me I needed form SUR1.

muckles:
Cheers Grumpy Dad, managed to do it online, I think when I tried it before, I didn’t see the bit with print and sign and send off, but DVSA weren’t much help telling me I needed form SUR1.

No worries mate, nice to see the DVSA help desk have employed Vogons :laughing:

That’s handy, I’m doing the very same thing! :sunglasses:

Off the top of anyone’s head, once a Company closes completely - say the end of July - what are the obligations as regards holding any maintenance records and tachograph/WTD records?

albion:
That’s handy, I’m doing the very same thing! :sunglasses:

Off the top of anyone’s head, once a Company closes completely - say the end of July - what are the obligations as regards holding any maintenance records and tachograph/WTD records?

I would probably keep the tacho records 12 months personally although it’s hard to see how they would be interested in prosecuting against a surrendered licence and a wound up business entity. I probably wouldn’t bother making a special point to keep anything else but when you consider things like the RHA claim against truck manufacturers some of this old paperwork can sometimes prove useful but you don’t want to end up on a hoarding documentary on the telly.

Thanks OAD.

I’ll be visiting those files every week, throwing another 7 days out. :wink:

I need to keep tax paperwork for 7 years - I’m clearing the garage out :unamused: