Merc Actros

Silver_Surfer:
Good find, didn’t notice that 12v socket for a few weeks.The Actros would be my last choice of truck available today (Stralis & MAN included). Chronic suspension, poor gearbox at junctions, steering ain’t great either. I don’t mind the deliberate lack of power on the hills as it saves fuel I presume but the suspension over unavoidable pot holes is a joke. No usb in the stereo instead you get a I don’t know what instead.

Our fleet is 100% Actros (19 plate back to 13 plate), on mine and most others, the suspension is fine. On some the suspension is indeed chronic. Mine goes where I point it, no trouble at all. The ones with chronic suspension feel much less surefooted. I’ve not found them to be particularly gutless either, mine seems to pull ok for a 450.
I can’t compare the Actros gearbox to any other auto boxes, they are all I’ve driven for the last 12+ years. I find the seat cushion on mine to be extremely hard. Mercs have always had firm seat cushions but in this truck, even after 500,000km it’s still almost as hard as wood.
There IS a usb port on the dash, it’s a mini usb socket, the same type often used as the usb power socket on many sat-navs. There are a variety of adaptors to plug into it. One of my colleagues had one thats very small and takes a nicro sd card. Seeing as micro sd’s now go up to at least 64GB, there should be enough room on one for most needs.