Supervising learner driver

If someone wants to supervise learner driver on lgv, can his c category entiltment be acuired before 1997?

Dziunster:
If someone wants to supervise learner driver on lgv, can his c category entiltment be acuired before 1997?

Does not matter what year cat C was got
To supervise a learner the category must be held by the supervisor for at least 3 years and they must be over age 21 - bit daft the 21 age bit cos the minimum age to get C is age 18 so 3 years will make 21+

The pre 1997 issue is for LGV C1 supervising where the supervisor got it for free with car licence - those cannot supervise using that free C1

Thank you

Frightening really, my brother in law has had class one for 10 years and only ever drove one when he trained. In fact he admitted himself that artics scare the bejesus out of him. And he’s qualified to supervise a learner. He’s a very good class two driver though.

……. and the next progression is to buy a tatty old w+d and call himself a driving instructor. And yes, this has happened!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

You misunderstood me, he doesn’t train anyone, I’m just saying potentially he could

No misunderstanding. Just making the point that this is how a lot of so-called instructors start.

Buyer beware,

Pete :laughing: :laughing: