Any old promotor drivers around

Hi Brian, they say that every picture tells a story and it’s such a shame that Jeff is not here with us to share those story’s but thanks again to Jason for sharing his dads photos.
The above photo of those lads at Habur that you also posted a few month ago :confused: I thought that I said that the guy on the right was a guy from the North East called Barry who worked for Duncan Macrea or Taffy Davies and then I thought his name was Brian. As you have just mentioned that it is Frank White who I think that I only met once, then it did cross my mind if this is also Frank in Jeff’s photo.

A few years ago Franks son in law Colin, used to post on Trucknet and we exchanged a few P.M.'s over the years. Colin sent me a couple of Frank’s old photos and a copy of the letter that Frank received from The British Embassy when Frank tried to get his trucks out of Iran after the Ayatollah had closed the borders.
Colin as far as I know never put this letter on Trucknet and if he is lurking on this site and would prefer me to delete it then I will do but I feel that it’s a part of British trucking history and should be shown.
Some lads might still find this link interesting.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=37316&p=464984&hilit=frank+white#p464984

FRANK’S LETTER FROM ANKARA.

Colin Rodgers Russia.jpg

franks dafs.jpg

I bet that Dave Jamieson a.k.a. M.& C. Jamie R.I.P. would of been able to put names to a lot of those faces.

I used to enjoy my little cruises across The Dardanelle Straights on The Canakale Ferry. I just kick myself now that I never spent one of my lunch hours visiting the Gallipoli War cemetery when I had the chance.

Regards Steve.