Euro vi green sticker/plate

tess597:
Where do you get the green circular stickers/plates with Euro VI, L, G etc from? :question:

I’m not sure. I think the German ones come from the BAG for the Euro 6 windscreen stickers.
They would want your vehicles VIN number and I’d expect proof of ownership (V5). They then check with the truck manufacturer on what the Euro classification is.
The stickers allow you to drive into the German city low emission zones. City Autobahns and most major B roads are exempt from the low emissions regulations to allow transit.
French ones I think, you get from the control centres at the Mont Blanc or Frejus Tunnels. You will be carrying your vehicles V5 original copy, which has the emissions on it.
There is probably a fee attached for the issue of any of these stickers.

The L discs I think you can buy off the shelf at any big truckstop.
However, the L stands for Larmshutz-silence. It allows you to drive at 60kmh through Austria at night on the autobahn, instead of 30, but your vehicle has to be fitted with a particular make and model of tyre (there’s a very limited range), have extra noise suppression around the engine and gearbox and some other none standard noise reduction equipment fitted. If it isn’t correctly noise suppressed, the fines for abusing the system will be eye watering. Besides which, although you are allowed to drive faster, you are not allowed to overtake on most of the autobahn system at night, so you’ll mostly be stuck in the line of trucks not fitted up for Larmschutz anyway.

I don’t remember a G disc. Which country is it for and what does G stand for?

There is also A for Abfall-waste. It’s a German thing but everyone in Europe hauling any type of waste has an A plate these days.

My boss deals with all of this kind of stuff for our trucks. We spend a lot of our time in Germany, France and Switzerland. That’s why I don’t know for certain.