Drivers Hours

Franglais:

Jakeea:

brianchalkyshaw:

Jakeea:
Right so I can only work 60 hours a week?

If I was to do a 12 hour shift Monday to Friday that’s 60 hours at work?

And I was was to do Monday to Saturday at 12 hours a day would be 72?

Therefore I’m thinking I’d be over my hours please correct me if I am wrong

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

If your to go by the word of the the law legally you might have to reduce the following week to get your average down to the 60hrs. But im not too sure how it works when they word it like “average” because that can be interpreted by month or by year. So theres a grey area around rest time because theres a grey area over the working average.

Ive just picked out some of the facts in the picture I have below.

rest – 11 hours daily rest.

35 hours consecutive rest every 7 days so your days off (say Saturday-Sunday). If you work the Sunday you might have to work the late shift to keep in check with this one.

In Monday-Friday 12hrs a day (60hrs)
24hrs rest Saturday
12hrs rest Sunday and start late Sunday.

It seems a bit messy but im sure it can be worked out when you get a proper roster with your hours.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thank you so much. Still seems to me doing 72 hours every other week would be illegal

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I`m not sure that a screen-shot referring to Irish Doctors from 2013 is the best reference material?

Rog is asking the correct questions, as he usually does.
I suggest you look at these:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=154207
gov.uk/drivers-hours

Jakeea:
Hi I’m wondering if I can get some help i have tried to find out what I’m asking but can’t seem to get my head around it.

I’m looking at starting a job which is Recovery and use of tacho card. It’s a 12 hour day Monday to Friday with each other Saturday.

Can someone tell me how this would meet with the Tacho regulations as the weekly rest period wouldn’t be right. Thanks

Assuming EU regs.
When you say its a 12hr day, you mean the start and end times are 12 hrs apart? Your working day may end 12hrs after you start but probably all of those 12 hrs wont be counted as work time. Breaks, POA will not count towards work time.
The driving time is limited to 90hrs per fortnight.
Assuming you start/end the same times every working day, one weekend you will have a weekly rest of 60hrs one weekend and 36hrs the next.
The full weekend rest is 45hrs. Being “short” by 9hrs one weekend is compensated by being “over” by 15hrs the next.

Ill willingly stand correction if thats wrong.

Working time directive is working time directive as long as you are in the EU you obay by it, makes no difference if the material is from 2013 or 2019. Its law and from the RSA website in relation to rest times and working time directive so sorry for not having the latest stats on it but I go by who enforces the law over here and its the RSA they follow EU laws and if you looked at it its there in black and white.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk