Drivers Hours

brianchalkyshaw:

Jakeea:
Hi I’m wondering if I can get some help i have tried to find out what I’m asking but can’t seem to get my head around it.

I’m looking at starting a job which is Recovery and use of tacho card. It’s a 12 hour day Monday to Friday with each other Saturday.

Can someone tell me how this would meet with the Tacho regulations as the weekly rest period wouldn’t be right. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Theres 2 rules your thought in the theory test and in the cpc, working time directive and driving time. More then likely wouldnt be driving for 4.5 hours so driving times wont effect you. So focus mostly on working time directive as this will be the one that most likely effects you and most drivers get caught on. Driving time only really effects long haul contentinal driving.

Just an example: So I you start at 6am regardless of what type of work im doing weither it be loading/unloading or driving, I take a break for 46mins (as I was told a 45min on a tacho might only read 44mins which doesnt register a total other arguement) but always before 12noon. So Id put it on break at 11.45 or as close as (as there will be times where you get a bit close to the 6hr mark). Other then that you have nothing really to worry about. Take your breaks dont do dummy breaks when your working, Vosa will only get ye [emoji1783]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thank you that makes a little more sense to me. I’m new to all this lol so I am a bit worried.

How does the weekly rest effect me? I would still have to take my 45 hours over the Saturday and Sunday period? Also the working hours go over 60 if I was to do Monday to Saturday. Which is another concern of mine

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk