Grassed up....

ArcticMonkey:
Putting the grassing bit aside which is totally out of order, 20 or more years ago this thread would have had a totally different reaction by way of you been told to be a man and bloody carry the 50kg piece, but over the years so many people have been brainwashed into accepting this H&S culture and taking every last bit of it literally. So what if you get a few aches, pains, scrapes and bruises from a bit of handball, many years ago it was accepted as part of the job but the cottonwool brigade are takingover the asylum.

No, what has happened is over the decades many of us have knackered backs that affect us pretty much every day beyond a few aches and pains. Sciatica is a real issue with many older truck drivers after years of handball, ■■■■■■■ heavy tarp sheets onto the top of loads, pulling up to 2 tonne pallets off the backs of trailers with a pump truck, jumping off the backs of trailers. Myself personally I’ve got three knackered discs in my lower back, two have been operated on, the third which happened after is inoperable because of the damage to my spinal chord from the other two and the op I had. If you experienced the level of pain I’m currently going to work with this week I can guarantee you’d not have the clever ■■■■■■■■■ attitude you’ve just posted.