Grassed up....

50Kg in a package 1.80mx50cmx1m is just too awkward for me to pick up, I’ve not got the arm length, he has.
If it was a 50Kg bag of cement/sand/whatever, depending on how far it’s got to be taken, sure, I’d have it on me shoulder no problem.
At the end of the day he complained about me refusing to carry the packages. This is not true.

Interview was with Agency boss. A bloke who I find is firm but fair.
Anything in brackets is me supplying background info.
Not sure I should be pasting this, but doing it and asking forgiveness is easier than asking permission :slight_smile:

GP (Agency boss) On any occasion, have you ever sat in the cab or even refused to help any crew member deliver any goods.

WD (Me) In the strongest possible manner, no, I always help & offer to help whenever possible

GP Recently you finished 2 hours late & I spoke to you about this, please can you explain

WD The customer ordered 2 miele machines, 3rd floor & 1 to be taken away
(Miele washing machines weigh 100.2 Kg).
Me & Nick called debrief asking for a bit of help as we knew this would take time, so maybe to take a few jobs off us. There was nobody available, so we carried on. We installed the 2 machines, but the customer had a problem with the wifi
(Yes…wifi on a washing machine and tumble drier. The client had no password as it was a building-wide inet, so we couldn’t set up the wifi. However, the customer did not want to have to press the OK button twice, to cancel the request for wifi info before starting the drier program, and so he refused to let us leave until we fixed it, this is not in our remit.) which meant we were there for 2.25 hours. We then completed all the other jobs, but obviously finished late.

GP Apparently, you refused to help deliver a Trampoline & sat in the cab, please explain

WD L***** is a young man who takes pride in his strength, he talks about weight lifting, his prowess & scraps & fights that he says he gets into all the time. I think I’ve worked with L***** 3 times & he talks about this all the time, which doesn’t bother me I just want to work & get on with my job.

Arriving at the Trampoline job, I dragged out from the van the 1st of 3 50kg packages & said I’ll get the trolly. L***** immediately replied, no, it’s OK I’ll take it. To which I replied something like you must be mad, but ok. He carried the 1st package across the road to the customer & as he carried this packed, I dragged the 2nd package to the tail lift. I then git the 3rd package, meanwhile L***** had already taken the 2nd package. He then came & took the 3rd package, so I closed the back of the van. As a normal procedure, I went in the cab & set the sat nav up for the next job.

GP Was there any discussion about this delivery from either of you

WD No, he seemed quite proud of the fact he had carried the 3 packages, but there was no animosity & we carried out the rest of the day in good humour/.

GP Were there any other incidents similar to this Trampoline one

WD Yes, many – If a package is over 25/30 kg, depending on how far to the customers door, I would always use the trolly. L***** never uses a trolly & states it’s OK, I’ll carry it.

WD I have worked here for 6 months & have not been told of any work complaints from Partners or Agency. I like & enjoy the job & strive to do my best & yes, it is hard work. However, I have never refused to carry packages or help my partner in any way. To be honest, I am quite upset by this allegation from L***** & cannot understand how or why it came about & it is totally untrue. However I would like to state that I was told by another colleague, that L***** was really unhappy that he was not driving on this day & during the day made multiple comments about my driving style

GP Only yesterday I put (Me) forward as one of my drivers to be guaranteed 4 Days work as requested by J****** ******* (Senior bloke) who said yesterday that this was fine.
(They’re looking ahead towards summer, some drivers have left because of the lack of work so GP was asked to put forward 6 of his most reliable and able guys to be guaranteed 4 days a week from now on so we would stay on. I was lucky enough to be named as one. This was just yesterday before all this ■■■■■ happened.)

Just waiting to see if I’m in tomorrow now.