Full size tractor unit empty fuel efficiency. Best one?

Thanks for the answers. I like the insight you are giving. I’ve seen similar responses in other forums I’ve browsed. This is the first place I’m asking for help.

I think a bit bigger engine/driveshaft than needed would last longer. Could also waste more capital. Not sure.

Here are some trucks/lorries I’ve had my eye on. Dunno what’s broken in them since they are so cheap. Anyway:

autoline.info/-/tractor-units/M … 3163034700 Would need at least adjustable ride height and weight on back axle. Engine is large, I’d prefer 7.5-10l. Big displacement in diesel at least in older vehicles would consume more in idle, too. I would think that’s still the case.

truck1.eu/trucks/dropside-t … 22285.html Double-cab on 4x4 would rock, but price is too steep. Especially with taxes.

trucksnl.com/used-mercedes- … 4755185-vd would want a cabin mod to enlarge backwards. Dunno if that’s possible without hefty amounts of money and still be ‘street legal’.

truck1-fi.com/kuorma-autot/ … 67685.html Renault had surprisingly amount of positive comments. Still electrics seem to be same fuss than with 2000+ Renault cars.

I’m just scared these would consume 30+ l/100km(~8+ mpg) even with my lighter load which I really don’t want. Those 2000km trips up here would quickly cost me arm and a leg.

• Naamapokemen