Passed C+E today first time

Hi, I attended training on Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th and did my test today and was actually amazed when my examiner told me I had passed!!
I was fairly certain I had made 1 major on my C+E road test but the examiner told me I had made 7 minors. I would like to thank my instructor Cliff for all the guidance he gave me during the course of the weekend. I now know that the learning really begins and I look forward to being able to reverse into a loading bay in one fluid controlled movement. But for now I am just delighted to have my pass certificate.
I would urge anyone who is thinking about taking the plunge and going for their C+E entitlement to enrol with Peter Smythe transport training, the training is excellent and the instructors will give you all the advice and help you need.

Once again…thank you Cliff

Andy1407:
I look forward to being able to reverse into a loading bay in one fluid controlled movement.

Yeah good luck with that. Especially when its dark, raining and you have a 10,000W spotlight shining in your eyes as you try to reverse in between two other trailers!

Seriously though, well done.
I still remember the feeling when I got told “Thats a pass”

Good luck and enjoy that first day you take an artic out on the road on your own

Well done but remember there is always something new to learn. I passed my Class one, as it was then , in 1979 but didn’t encounter snow until 2010, a very strange experience but I managed. If in doubt take your time, it will always be quicker than having a mishap.

Well done, but as said, now start learning. Just don’t learn all the bad habits and become complacent like many do. Be a professional driver and enjoy standing out from the crowd. (of brain dead morons)

Don’t be embarrassed to ask and don’t be embarrassed to get out and have a look, then another look.

Oh - rule 15: When you drive into a tight yard, always turn round, because if you don’t, you can be sure someone will park up and block you.

Well done andy…and welcome to the club. :smiley:

Congratulations!
Don’t worry about backing onto a bay first time every time haha I’ve had my licence 5 years now (I know it’s not long compared to some vets on here) but it’s a good feeling when I do manage it without a shunt.

You’ll realise in time that reversing goes better without an audience.

Congratulations and good luck with the job hunting!

It will take time and practice. I remember going to tight places not long after I passed to the point where if I got them again I’d dread them all day only to find the yard is much bigger than I remember… of course it’s not but the comfort with the vehicle has become bigger.

You’ll still make a pigs ear of it occasionally, everyone does and it’s normally the easiest ones. I go to a place with tight bays, always full either side and can get in easy enough. Other day I had two empty bays either side and struggled so much it was untrue.

If I can give one tip it’s… plan your exit. By that I mean sort your way out first. Someone said turn round before you get blocked… yep. But also use Google. I often look at a drop and check the lay I of the land and sometimes I’ve gone a different way if it makes it easier for me.

Congratulations Andy.

I just passed myself in February this year and have been driving for just 4 weeks. There is an awful lot to learn as I am finding out. But keeping calm and taking your time makes things a lot easier. Getting out and looking (4,5,6 times or more even) is really important, better than having a bump with something. Most truck drivers I’ve met acknowledge they were rookies once and give you space though. Best of luck to you.

All right Drive! Most important thing is to take your time. You’re not delivering blood…unless you get a job with the NHS that is.

Well done ! Safe travels

Make sure you’re paid by the hour, then the longer it takes, the better :smiley: