Dilemma :-(

All good advice, I’m going to ring them tomorrow. Yes agencies lie, I’m just trying to decide if they are on the level this time. I’ve been in the same… well similar, position where I’ve turned down work for a long term position which turned out to not be the case.

I was working for 8 different agencies at the same time, doing a week here, a week there… it was temping in general that I got ■■■■■■ off with, not one specific agency or one particular firm. It was a case of I was looking on indeed, seeing an advert that looked promising, going to register with the agency in question, then the work either was not there, or just bits and bobs. Before I realised what was happening, I was bouncing between 8 of them, fielding calls of “what is your availability this week?” And can you work at such and such on Wednesday, can you work at such and such on Friday?

I was making a comfortable living, don’t get me wrong. But one particular week, I worked for 3 different agencies in the same week!!! Most of the time I was working for the same agency all week but it wasn’t unheard of working for 2 in a week. It was the whole situation that I was unhappy with, it was like being self employed and I figured that if I did it for long, I would be heading for problems with tax and ni. Which is why I started looking at companies directly. The job I am doing is low paid by comparison, but is at least secure. I am tempted with the better terms and conditions, but I am also dubious of the potential pitfalls.