Starting again at 64!

hutpik:
Ok,i lived for 2 years in Afghanistan and have spent a lot of time in Asia so i do understand about no safety net and the requirments that countries require for foreign nationals.Thats why i have my own house and some reindeer here.
Re myself and my Swedish mate the Money we earn is after tax,what goes in our pockets is the only thing of interest.If asked i state only the netto amount i earn as anything else is irrelevant,you should only base your Lifestyle upon the Money which goes in the bank.Many people try to impress by stating a high brutto wage to cover what is,in reality a mediocer netto.The fish trucks have to get the fish from northern Norway to Danmark within 30 hrs so a premium is paid for a supplementary driver to make that possible.Due to the fact we have 6 months Winter experienced drivers are important,so rather than employing 2 cheap EE’s on one truck which frequently results in the truck and load ending up in the ditch,they prefer to pay extra for people who hop in for a part of the trip who live here.
Not Everything in transport has been buggerd up by the EE,there is still good Money to be made if you know where to look.

I’m sure there are other countries who also have the same positions available; Canada’s ice road trucker’s spring to mind. The figures you’re quoting are not typical Scandanvian salaries, whether in the EU or not and for people who can’t speak the language and require residency and work permits … They’re hardly suitable for a 64 year old foreigner, currently sitting in 40 degrees tropical heat after an absence of 10 years driving. I’m too old for the get rich quick jobs and I’ll stick to UK trucking. :slight_smile: