Starting again at 64!

It’s a small world ‘larf.’ That’s where I was before I left. I lived close by in Lutterworth. I worked agency for BT on Magna Park for years and the occasional Sunday for Asda or NFT Sainsbury’s at Crick. I made my bread and butter at BT, a great place to work for if your face fitted and fortunately mine did. Yet I always got the impression that if you took away Magna Park there wasn’t much left around that area and yes, eventually it became swamped with drivers. Nearby unemployment black spot Leicester and crack-pipe Coventry were useless. I’ll write to BT when I get back and ask them to confirm that I worked for them as a kind of reference and also to Asda and Crick to ask them if there are vacancies for agency drivers. I’m also looking at the Reading, Bracknell, Basingstoke areas.

Hutpick, I’m not getting a pension, I’ve at least another two years to go. Yes, I know the people you mean. Three months work followed by a month’s ■■■■-up and back to earn more. I wish I had £1 for every alcoholic I’ve met here, seriously. :slight_smile: Often, when they run out of money they try and extend their stay by trying to be teachers. They don’t last long, like a duck out of water you can spot them a mile off.

I’m settled here, married and we have a house by the sea and it’s where I want to eventually retire to. I’m just turned 64, so how long is my work health going to last? Another couple of years, five maximum? I’m coming back to save money that I can eventually boost a low British state pension with.