Sat Navs

Roymondo:

Tseal:
The bridge is on Hood lane which is just off Newlands Rd which is a short distance from Cloughton (which the A171 passes through) near Scarborough, in North Yorkshire.

The road it wanted me to turn my imaginary artic around (as Hood lane is dead end) was someones drive way near the beginning of the lane.

I’ve had a look and yes, that height restriction doesn’t appear in TomTom’s mapping, and it would be better if it said “no route possible” or similar. But to be fair, the road in question only runs for less than 200 yards past the bridge in question before it peters out into a dirt track/fields.

So no, I don’t think you are doing anything wrong - it’s just that TomTom (understandably!) haven’t got that particular bridge on their radar…

I think I should point out I intentionally took a wrong turn, a diversion away from where I was heading just to see how my Tom Tom 6200 would handle it.

My other cheaper sat nav wouldn’t have taken me down there I doubt. It would probably take me on a much longer but practical route for a large vehicles that led back onto the a171.