Class 1 new drivers Scotland

Hi, i passed class 2 in October and looking to go for class 1 this Jul/Aug.

I was just wondering if anyone on here had advice on which agencies in Scotland work with companies that take on new pass class 1 drivers, and also wondering if there is a specific time of the year that new passes are more likely to get a chance, as in should i go straight for class 1 work once i pass in the summer or would i be aswell sticking with the class 2 work that im getting just now and waiting till a more busy time like Christmas before pursuing class 1 work ?

Any advice would be appreciated thanks. [emoji1360]

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Depending on the supply/demand for drivers in your area will determine your best course of action. I expect you’d be best going for work well before the Christmas rush and get yourself established. Some places will hire for Christmas and then drop you in January. But, if you’ve been there for a while, maybe you stand a better chance of being kept on.

And don’t forget us for residential driver training!

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Whereabouts in Scotland?

I work for Ten Live agency (Coatbridge)
Very busy & decent rate

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Many depots are short of drivers during the peak summer months, ie. June to August as drivers are taking their summer holidays. Don’t wait until September as all the drivers are back by then.

The Christmas rush by comparison is shorter. Maybe 6 weeks and then, for agency drivers at least, the phone stops ringing until Easter.

Peter Smythe:
Depending on the supply/demand for drivers in your area will determine your best course of action. I expect you’d be best going for work well before the Christmas rush and get yourself established. Some places will hire for Christmas and then drop you in January. But, if you’ve been there for a while, maybe you stand a better chance of being kept on.

And don’t forget us for residential driver training!

All the best, Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Hi i seen in other posts that you do Training, but thought you where based in England or do you have training in Scotland too ?

DF40:
Whereabouts in Scotland?

Very busy & decent rate

Cheers mate [emoji1360]

carlston49:
Many depots are short of drivers during the peak summer months, ie. June to August as drivers are taking their summer holidays. Don’t wait until September as all the drivers are back by then.

The Christmas rush by comparison is shorter. Maybe 6 weeks and then, for agency drivers at least, the phone stops ringing until Easter.

Excellent cheers

Bollox to Class 2. If you get your Class 1 then do yourself a massive favour and dive right into it.

The agencies will take you on and find you work. As others have said, the holiday period will be busy as transport managers scour the agencies to put bums on seats.

Companies like Hayton Coulthard will take you on right away. They’ll take anything warm with a pulse and a class 1 licence. The money is crap for class 1 but it’s time behind the wheel which is what you want before you head into the busy Christmas period :smiley:

rabb:
Bollox to Class 2. If you get your Class 1 then do yourself a massive favour and dive right into it.

The agencies will take you on and find you work. As others have said, the holiday period will be busy as transport managers scour the agencies to put bums on seats.

Companies like Hayton Coulthard will take you on right away. They’ll take anything warm with a pulse and a class 1 licence. The money is crap for class 1 but it’s time behind the wheel which is what you want before you head into the busy Christmas period :smiley:

Brilliant mate thanks for replying

br1982:

DF40:
Whereabouts in Scotland?

Very busy & decent rate

Cheers mate [emoji1360]

Do you know what companies ten live have contracts for ?

One of main ones is xpo at newhouse. ARB Craig at ■■■■■■■■■■■■ Good firms to get in with.

DF40:
One of main ones is xpo at newhouse. ARB Craig at ■■■■■■■■■■■■ Good firms to get in with.

Cheers [emoji1360]