Bus Driver had enough

Hi guys I’m in a similar position to the op have been driving coaches and buses for 17 years I did take my class 1 and 2 back in 2006 and used it for about a week with a firm down in Cornwall they promised me that when I started I would be kept local for a couple of weeks and trained up on how to do the job loading etc unfortunately in reality my first day was very different and was told to take a load up the line and in the words of the office “sink or swim boy” suffice to say it ■■■■■■ me off !!

I enjoyed driving the truck but not sleeping in it and knew nothing about securing loads etc had to get help from the site I was delivering to which was embarrassing to say the least. After that I did a couple more jobs for them before chucking it in as unfortunately the experience I gained from them wasn’t what I was hoping for and went back to bus driving !

Yes it can be boring driving the same routes day in day out I don’t find the passengers a problem personally but car drivers are another story. All that said I want to give class 1 another try but unfortunately for me where I live all truck firms pay less than what I’m earning already so there’s no real incentive for me to take the risk with a Haulage company I know little about.

If anyone knows off any decent Haulage companies in Cornwall that pay more than £11 per hour, offer holiday pay, sick pay etc then I’d be very interested to hear more.

Thanks.