Royal Mail

m1cks:

NorthernApe:
I have only done the 7.5T assessment but once I have been there a bit and hopefully got friendly with a manager or two I will ask if I can do the Class 2 assessment.
If I have been there a while and shown I am an ok driver with the 7.5T’s and they know I have Class 2, from your experience would the assessment be necessary if it was to cover somebody’s shift or a last minute job?

You won’t be let out in a vehicle you haven’t been assessed in, even if there’s a driver needed urgently.
Not all sites run different size fleets. Not sure where you’re located but some sites like Jubilee and Medway only have the small fleet (7.5) and the large fleet are run from other nearby VOC’s. Some mail centres like Gatwick and Croydon will have both small fleet and a VOC operating from the same site. Some drivers like Harry work predominantly from one site but occasionally travel to others.
Currently waiting for manpower to go live with the new DX booking system this week so there could be some last minute calls for agency drivers needing to be made if it all goes wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I haven’t heard anything about this new booking system yet, but like I say I’ve only just joined Manpower. I’ve mentioned to them that I am willing to do the odd bit of weekend work when I can, so some shifts may pop up if it does go wrong