Driving test tomorrow, again (C+E)

ETS:

ROG:

ETS:

BishBashBosh:
Mirrors are essential - you should be checking them BOTH every 10 seconds minimum. Don’t forget to check them before changing direction, before signalling,

I never understood why you have to check your mirror BEFORE signalling. What happens if you signal first? Serious question. Thanks

How about doing that may cause another driver about to pass you to slam on as they are think you might signal and pull straight out

Make sure your signal will not cause others to change course or speed - look first :smiley:

Aren’t other drivers responsible for their own actions? When someone indicates, it merely declares intent to change direction (at some point in the future). Vehicles in the path of the planned maneuver are not obliged to change course or speed, it’s up to them if they want to slow down or move over if it is safe for them to do so. That’s how I understand it. It leaves more time for the vehicles further behind to make a decision to pass or slow down or move over (if indicating right to change lane for example).

What gets my goat is when on a motorway, whether in lorry, car or otherwise, and youre motoring along in middle or outside lane and someone to your left indicates then pulls out immediately. Not even assessing that you are overtaking them. I get the impression that some motorists think that just because they are indicating, it gives them the right to just pull out regardless.