Palliative 'Care' and Hospice provision = Euthanasia in all

manalishi:
Yes complete dignity loss.My dad went with skin cancer and watching the death process has disturbed me 10 years to this day.Fighting for breath,nurses assisting him to pee,in front of assembled relatives.I went to a side room and essentially asked if they would …put him down,which I think activates the Brommpton Mixture they employ for these situations,ie,very,very heavy meds to assist to the inevitable.
If our society ever evolves and allows us to take the “swiss clinic” option,without shelling out north of 10k for the corporate euthanasia experience,swallowing two cups of liquid essentially,it won’t be too soon.

Ironically I’m arguing the case from the totally opposite perspective.In which the so called ‘right to die’ becomes twisted into involuntary stealth euthanasia by the palliative ‘care’ regime and as such the issue and the problem not the solution.The reality being patients who actually want to fight on to the end being denied that basic right to life and stealth euthanised against their and their family’s wishes.

On that note we can’t trust doctors with the Swiss option here because it will inevitably just make the slippery slope into institutionalised murder,dressed up as the right to die with so called dignity,but which is really all about saving cash,even steeper and more well oiled.

As for dignity how far are you going to take that argument.In that there’s nothing ‘dignified’ in any type of illness which requires being bed bound for whatever length of time whether it’s severe trauma injury taking months before being able to get out of bed or terminal illness.We don’t generally call for ‘palliating’ ( euthanising ) the former so why the latter.Bearing in mind that the stealth euthanasia you’re referring to ( Morphine/Ativan/Pregablin type sedation actually generally kills by supressing and interfering with the breathing reflex by wrecking the central nervous system that provides it.In addition to interfering with appetite and swallowing ability which when combined with stealth withdrawal of IV fluids helps to starve and dehydrate the victim.Let alone the deliberate with holding of infection control to also help to induce a quicker end.In which case be careful what you wish for because it might be you fighting for what remains of your life and a misguided relative supporting the doctors decision to stealth euthanise you against your will and which they will be all to keen to do to save the resources needed in keeping you alive.As opposed to me arguing with them to do whatever it took to treat my Mum to the end and not to put her into a hard drug induced Coma using the excuse of ‘pain relief’ and them eventually and all too predictably refusing my and her wishes.Having previously derailed their obvious with hindsight similar plans to impose such murderous techniques under so called home ‘Hospice’ provision.

Suggest you check out the pro life ( anti stealth euthanasia ) sites I’d linked to in that regard.

As opposed to the evil right to die agenda and with it naively buying into the Swiss ideal.Which you can bet gets corrupted into something far more sinister when it runs into the harsh realities of NHS health care rationing and cost cutting.As we’ve seen with the discredited Liverpool Pathways agenda which in reality has turned into something even worse in all but name. :cry: