Wages...

carter1:
Hello,

I am looking to get my Class 2 license as soon as possible. I currently work in an office which i absolutely hate. Always loved driving and always had a fascination with HGV’s so I’ve decided I’m going to take the leap as I believe this is somthing I will enjoy doing.

I’m currently on £9ph, 37.5 hours per week - Take home roughly £1250 per month

I’ve been looking at Class 2 jobs around my area (Sheffield) and the wages seem to vary quite widely for Class 2 as do the hours.

What i am wondering, as a newly passed Class 2 driver, can i expect to jump into a job and be earning at least the same amount as what I am earning now in my current job? I understand the pay wont be as good as what it is with experience behind you, but I really can’t afford to take a pay cut off my current wages.

Also, how realistic is it to take home £2000+ per month for class 2 driving, with or without experience?

Thanks,

Carter

Why not apply for jobs and only make the switch if/when you get a position which fulfills your requirements for hours/pay if you’re so dependent on your current one

As for 2k take home for class 2, I don’t think so - yeah…no. Certainly not as a new pass. Maybe in London, idk.