Did you miss me?

The spilled diesel is a result of vanity, I can’t get the gun in the tank on the passenger side easily thanks to the cab skirts, sloshing diesel over the tank is a regular occurrence thanks to my hamfistedness.

I dropped that combine in Baltimore unscathed, so my strap did the job didn’t it? Having no roundabouts to negotiate helped immensely though. As said, it was chained too, a pair of 1/2" over the front axle and two pairs on the back one, the strap was to keep the panel from catching the wind as the catch was mangled, the twist in the strap is a trick of the trade, they don’t flap if you put a twist in them, this avoided damaging the paint on the combine and it also stops it sounding like a playing card in the spokes of a bike wheel when you’re going down the road.

The new 579 has the Paccar lump, it’s a 510 in the current model, I had an APU installed and that automatically kicks in when the temperature drops below a certain point, it uses the same coolant as the engine and therefore keeps things toasty, the DEF tank is heated by coolant too, so technically it shouldn’t freeze. I’ll look into that though and get it all lagged before next winter, thanks for the reminder.

I didn’t put a moose bumper on because I think they look crap on a Pete pulling a van, but now I’m doing low loaders I may get one, I like the Herd ones (that’s what’s on the new one) the Big Tex or the Road Train without marker lights are my favourites. The duck is ready to go on, there’s a new mount for it so I can use it to pop the hood as well as it just being ornamental, as soon as I find one I’ll take the factory thing off and replace it with the duck.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk