Driving test tomorrow, again (C+E)

ETS:

ROG:

ETS:
I’m talking about “indicating in good time”, before or after checking your mirror.

Please be more specific such as giving a scenario

I’m driving in a city, intensive traffic both lanes, I’m in the left lane. Approaching a junction where I know I will be turning right. I indicate right, look at the right mirror to see what the flow of traffic in the right lane is like and wait for an opening in the right lane. Most of the time the first 2-3-5 vehicles behind me will try to overtake me because they see my intention to change lanes and no one wants to drive behind a lorry but eventually a good soul will let me merge to the right.

My point is, how is the information you’re going to obtain by checking your mirror before indicating going to impact your decision to indicate at this very moment or not?

Well, it tells whether you can, or not.
Yes, you can bully your way out. Yes, you can wait until someone lets you out. But…you HAVE to get out at some point.

I do this every single day, central London, 7.5t. Multi drop.
There is no “I’ll just flash the lorry in” anymore. There is no “I’ll just let this guy go before me”. There is no “Oh look, he;s trying to come out of a T junction. If I stop here and wave him on it will be better for all of us.”
I have had to wait, at a T, pushing my nose out, to try and get out, while people have driven their cars past me, who want turn right, and then had the reverse to get the angle to get around the corner.
Hourly paid, I don’t care :slight_smile: