Did you miss me?

Fabulous photos…a bit curious why you never fitted a herd or equivalent to the front to finish it off/ add more protection.

Sorry to learn about the truck news gig, I assume and hope that was in jest, I did actually enjoy your scribes and despite the risk of boosting your ego further, it was the first page I turned to.

I’m out the trucking game now, worked the oil patch till it went so sadly wrong and became unsustainable. I love that job too…driving a similar Pete to yours ( it had a herd on the front though) and with a 500 paccar.

It gave no major problems at all despite being driven very fast & hard and bouncing around off road at times to reach pipelines. If my advice is worth anything, I’m no real mechanic btw, it had been fitted from new with a insulated jacket around the Def tank and associated pipework to prevent freezing issues in minus silly temps. I always felt safer in the Pete than any other truck and it pretty much always got the job done, and in style might I add - I do believe you can’t put a $ value to job pride/ satisfaction.

When the oil gig went south, I could not not find a job that got even close to matching it on many fronts, pay/ equipment/ time off etc…even though it was hard work at at times in brutal conditions. I gunna whisper this now to prevent the hate…I landed a government job…bizzarly on the back of many years ago finding a degree certificate freely being handed out at a university…

My current job involves travel, albeit in a govt impala not a Pete, I sometimes hanker a stint behind the wheel hence why I’m visiting this site again and maybe truckin through others…although after watching youtubers “trucker Jay” and “Luke c” et al …perhaps I chose a good time to take a bow.

Im sure the Searcy job will work out, wow you are a busy bee… I think they are owned by bison now which is probably why. It sure sounds like you are make a better go of it than that Russian chap serge dratschev. …he seems to make 0 money out the game and spends most of his time living in super 8s waiting for the elusive perfect loads…

Keep up posting the eye candy…hopefully the duck will come out of retirement and proudly make a return to your hood too …