Dover

Hi
First time crossing the channel at Dover where queuing up to about 7 miles outside. What do I do if I run out of working hours in the que ?
Cheers

Do a printout from the tacho,explaining the reasons of delays,keep a copy for you,and one for your boss,the authorities know about these things and it’s out of control,you can exceed driving and duty time to find secure parking.

Do a print out then park in the first available place on the other side although given the time of day that will be no easy task If you’re heading towards Paris head off at the first junction and through the peage to find somewhere if you’re heading into Belgium you will struggle to find anywhere and may just have to use a rest area slip road not ideal but will probably be your only option

Cheers. Iv been waiting now for 7 hours and still not been checked. The office said there’s a truck stop on the otherside

FuSs:
Cheers. Iv been waiting now for 7 hours and still not been checked. The office said there’s a truck stop on the otherside

There are several but will all be full by now you can try your luck at Transmarck come off at the first junction heading into Belgium or try the new one at Dunkirk follow the signs for the Dunkirk ferry and it comes up on your right hand side but chances of getting a space will be slim

Strictly speaking (and to appease the terminally timid) you should park on this side, have your time off and start again tomorrow with a fresh card. However, and it’s a big however I fully appreciate that the real world operates differently, so it’s your choice.

Speaking for myself I’d do the park up over here option and start again tomorrow. That’s not because I believe that the rules are for your safety blah blah blah, but simply because the fines you may pick up in Euroland could very well be eye wateringly expensive and as all their economies are down the pan you WILL be a target, or rather your wallet will.

if he runs out of hours then he is bolloxed anyway.sheep as lamb scenario?
dovers not exactly a truck parking haven and itl be unlikely there will be anywhere to park undisturbed.
if you see a space in a layby then blag it and worry about the rest of it tomorrow. at least that way you have a clean card.

Parking on this side wasn’t really an option I’m just going to get it on the ferry Put it on rest. But still have 11 hours on the otherside when I get off and do a print out that’s all I can do really.

the maoster:
Strictly speaking (and to appease the terminally timid) you should park on this side, have your time off and start again tomorrow with a fresh card. However, and it’s a big however I fully appreciate that the real world operates differently, so it’s your choice.

Speaking for myself I’d do the park up over here option and start again tomorrow. That’s not because I believe that the rules are for your safety blah blah blah, but simply because the fines you may pick up in Euroland could very well be eye wateringly expensive and as all their economies are down the pan you WILL be a target, or rather your wallet will.

Trouble is Maoster if he parks anywhere dodgy on the Dover side it is likely to result in a clamp and £200 release fee somewhat more than going over his time as DD says you’re stuffed one way or another

Totally agree Mazzer. Simple fact is once you’ve entered Kent your options are extremely limited if it all goes breasts north. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. What a bloody ridiculous way to earn a living we’ve chosen! :wink:

And the people of Kent are living proof that turkeys do indeed vote for Christmas, object to every effort to build decent parking then complain when the roads are blocked due to Op Stack thick as mince!!

look on the bright side…even if he goes up to jabekke,down towards bolougne,gay paree or wherever he can find theres a good chance when he heads off again there will be a dozen taliban onboard thinking theyve cracked it into the uk… :slight_smile:

Oh these are the times im glad i gave euro work up…

Hope hes over and parked safely by now…

[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mazzer2:
And the people of Kent are living proof that turkeys do indeed vote for Christmas, object to every effort to build decent parking then complain when the roads are blocked due to Op Stack thick as mince!!

Not quite true, but this could be a while in the making. Having spoken to the City council leader personally, he is keen to get this done and he usually gets his way.
Having said that, the local elections this month could throw a big spanner in the works!
kentonline.co.uk/canterbury … rk-200078/

jimti:

Mazzer2:

Not quite true, but this could be a while in the making. Having spoken to the City council leader personally, he is keen to get this done and he usually gets his way.
Having said that, the local elections this month could throw a big spanner in the works!

It LOOKS promising Jimti, but they are still only at the consultation stage.
And I notice the nimby’s and nay-sayers are already whining in that articles comments section.
We’ll wait and see, but I for one won’t be holding my breath.

Simon:

jimti:

Mazzer2:

It LOOKS promising Jimti, but they are still only at the consultation stage.
And I notice the nimby’s and nay-sayers are already whining in that articles comments section.
We’ll wait and see, but I for one won’t be holding my breath.

Seems to be the Nimby’s are in a catch 22 situation, they either have a truckpark or the council can’t clamp inappropriately parked truck that also annoy them, :laughing: I see Winsser has also added his “well informed” comments to the article. :confused:

muckles:
Seems to be the Nimby’s are in a catch 22 situation, they either have a truckpark or the council can’t clamp inappropriately parked truck that also annoy them, :laughing: I see Winsser has also added his “well informed” comments to the article. :confused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: