Astran / Middle East Drivers

OK: Previous webhost was a disaster: It seemed to try and upload malware and load pop-ups all the time. This one is better but although it advertises ‘unlimited’ diskspace for some reason I cannot upload my entire website.

However time rolls on and none of us are getting any younger. Therefore, we’ll go with what we’ve got.

mitteleuropa.ihostfull.com/r … rland.html

Most of the large versions of the maps have not uploaded. Email me if you want a copy and I can send them to you via email/other means. Even the large versions of the maps as mosaics (link in the box under the map) have not uploaded because I kept hitting some kind of limit on the webhost webserver. They still have not answered my support ticket and it has been a week now.

I will move this website to a better webhost when I can but it is a major operation.

I have a lot of questions and I have put them on the page itself. Please add to the thread here if you know the answer to the questions.

One of the questions I have not been able to work out is the location of the restaurant on the Yugoslav/Bulgarian border which was in a river gorge and had a Douglas DC-3 Dakota parked next to it. Can anyone remember where this was and on which route ? I was with a seasoned overland driver and we seemed to stop at all the major watering-holes along the way, so I imagine this was one.