Shunting and Tachos

tachograph:

stevieboy308:
Hmmm, found it in gv262, but it’s moved!

But I think gv262 is misleading / contradiction

I don’t think it was misleading as it was in the old GV262 I think it was correct, however the DVSA have now moved the goal posts.

edit: I assume the last image is from the GV262 PDF but I think the last time that was written was in 2011, they’ve moved a few goalposts since then so it’s probably best to stick to the .gov version, however as you’ve pointed out there is a contradiction between the first image and the last .gov image.

Maybe the DVSA use the same useless proof readers that most newspapers seem to use these days :laughing:

Yeah the last image is from GV262-02 so no longer the upto date version, but I posted it to show the difference between what it used to say and what it now says, but both the old and the current have the same same bit as is the 1st pic.

So I think there’s a contradiction in the current GV262, with the 1st bit saying an off-road journey entirely off-road is out of scope but later on under the definition of driving it basically says if a shift has EU driving in it, then any off-road driving is in scope