Cumbria companies

robroy:

Bewick:
This “foray” by Ford into the heavy commercial market again has got to be some sort of a joke ! Both the D1000’s and the Transcons were not up to it

Hiya Dennis…not sure I agree with your opinions on Transcons ‘‘not being up to it’’.
As I recall it was just that they clashed , and did not fit in with the 32 tonne limits at that time, and were just too ■■■■ heavy…as I’m sure you already know.
Imo they were a ■■■■ fine truck,.a ■■■■■■■■ Rockwell,.Fuller combo matched up with the Berliet cab (which was more modern and driver friendly than any ERF,.Sed Atk, or Foden cab).what was not to like?
In other Euro countries with different weight regs they were the dog’s bits.

Then there was the Cargo, ok not everybody’s cup of tea, but ■■■■ good on fuel at the time. (If they were fitted with the L10 ■■■■■■■ that is)

Not trying to teach my Grandparents how to ■■■■ eggs either btw mate. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I hear what you say RR but as far as I was concerned the Transcon ranked with the IVECO which is if you removed the drive trains you were just left with a heap of crap that rotted in no time ! Whatever accolades were directed at the Ford Transcon it never got off the ground with serious Operators and I seem to remember adverts that included giving away a Ford van with every Transcon purchased ! Now that must be desperation or what ? Cheers Dennis.