Favorite Routiers and other European Truckstops

Franglais:
Sorry…
Milles Pattes at Angliers has closed now. I don’t know the exact circumstances, but it is closed.
There used to be a smaller restaurant/tabac at the north end of the village too, but that changed use several years back.
The resto at the small Esso(?) Station, La Motte Bourbon seems busy. In fact there are two restaurants there I believe.
St Genis is still going well, present owner been there a few years now. The Total is still doing OK it seems, and couple of AS24 pumps still there.

Sorry to hear that, I came past it last Saturday norning and it was closed, but I assumed that was just for the weekend, it didn’t look permanent. The other one you mentioned, at the other end of the village, is a butcher’s now I think.

La Motte Bourbon is always busy, as you say, but is always closed Friday night/Saturday morning. Never been past at the right time to stop and eat though. The little place on the corner of the crossroads, the Hacienda, never been sure about that. Is it a resto too or just a bar?

My next foray is a collection at Calais for the Charente next Thursday evening. I’ll stop and eat at La Fleurie at Abbeville on the way up and then park up for the night on the way back at 2 Caps, the first service station on the A16 southbound, for a flying start south on Friday morning. A bit windy up there but the showers are good and I prefer places that sell little breakfast snacks to the routiers which only seem to provide croissants which are too much for me first thing in the morning. :laughing: