Did you miss me?

I’m running back south again, I took a load of transformers out to Connecticut on my first trip and picked up the Dozer in Pennsylvania on the way back, dropped that in Winnipeg and picked up the aluminium under the tarp. That was a baptism of fire, I haven’t tarped in 10yrs and it was minus stupid that day, the tarp was as stiff as the aluminium it was covering and it was a pure illegitimate child to fold back up again!

That went to Minnesota and I reloaded the first of the quadtrack tractors for Virden MB, 11’ wide and 30ton before you add anything useful to a farmer. I had to drive that off myself, best fun I’ve had in years, so many computer screens inside to control it, but it had pedals and a steering wheel, so not as difficult as I first thought. It had 700hp and is the most powerful thing I’ve ever driven.

The next mission was a used John Deere combine to Baltimore docks for export to Kazakhstan via Antwerp, I drove that off the trailer and around the docks to the staging area, again it had a steering wheel and pedals, so it was a piece of ■■■■, the vision in one is incredible, especially through the mirrors which are convex and a million times better than the flat glass ones on the trucks here.

I swapped that for a brand new combine made by New Holland and dropped that off in Killarney MB, the wheels and crate of other important stuff went on a regular flat bed as I was already on an overweight permit and the wheels had to come off to keep the weight, width and height down.

From there I ran empty back to the yard in Altona añd picked up another quadtrack to go to Meadow Lake SK, I didn’t have to drive this off as the young kid at the dealer was chomping at the bit to play in it. Next stop was Vegreville AB to pick up the plough type device I’ve got on now, it’s 12’ wide and almost 15’ tall and heading for North Dakota, which is currently closed due to a blizzard, so I may go via home and get it off on Monday as I don’t fancy spending a weekend in a one horse town up to my armpits in snow drifts.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk